Friday, January 8, 2016

Christian Fiction Books I am most looking forward to in 2016!


2016: A whole new year of grand fiction to come! I can only imagine that the authors and publishers will be living up to their usual high standards of quality writing, so I've compiled a list of upcoming books that are my must-reads for the year.

Granted, at the moment it's an incomplete list, as books for the fall of 2016 have yet to be announced. However, I'm banking on some of my favorite authors to be putting out books in the fall like usual, so even if they don't have titles yet, I've listed them anyway.

Counted With the StarsAs I am a creature of habit, I generally look most forward to books by authors I've read and loved. But, occasionally, a book by an author I've never heard of catches my eye. In this case, it is Counted With the Stars by Connilyn Cossette (Bethany House, April); Out From Egypt, book 1.

I rarely read biblical fiction, as I spend a lot of my time focusing on whether or not it matches up with the bible, but this one--about an Egyptian woman who joins the Israelites for the exodus--grabbed my attention. Maybe it's just the gorgeous cover, but something about it pulled me in. It's now on the list.

Now, for books by authors I know and love, in order by genre, then publication date, then time period (if necessary):

Historical:
 Playing the Part The Reluctant Duchess

Playing the Part by Jen Turano (Bethany House, March); A Class of Their Own, book 3 - At last, the story of the most mysterious of the three middle class, Gilded Age roommates! I love Jen Turano's romantic comedies, and I've been waiting on this book since the first in the series came out.

A Flight of Arrows by Lori Benton (WaterBrook, April); The Pathfinders, book 2 - When it came to The Wood's Edge, I hardly thought it possible that Lori Benton could exceed my very high expectations, but she did! And now for the sequel of that moving, Colonial saga!

The Reluctant Duchess by Roseanna M. White (Bethany House, April); Ladies of the Manor, book 2 - Given the excellent writing exhibited in the first of the series, I can't wait to see what Edwardian adventures occur in this book!

Anchor in the Storm No Other Will Do (Ladies of Harper's Station Book #1) - eBook An Elegant Façade
Anchor in the Storm by Sarah Sundin (Revell, May); Waves of Freedom, book 2 - Sundin's WWII novels are always superb in historic detail of the war, and the first in this series was my favorite yet of hers.


No Other Will Do by Karen Witemeyer (Bethany House, June) - I always enjoy Karen Witemeyer's blend of humor and heart, so whatever she has up her sleeve, I'm game for . . . in this case, a colony of suffragettes who need a man to help them after all.


An Elegant Facade by Kristi Ann Hunter (Bethany House, July); Hawthorne House, book 2 - I loved the first Hawthorne House book - the perfect blend of humor and heart, plus surprise twists to the Regency era tale.


A Lady Unrivaled The Innkeeper of Ivy Hill For the Record
A Lady Unrivaled by Roseanna M. White (Bethany House, September); Ladies of the Manor, book 3 - As mentioned above, I loved the first in the series and can't wait for the rest!


The Innkeeper of Ivy Hill by Julie Klassen  (Bethany House, December) - Julie Klassen, for being THE writer of Christian Regency fiction, with marvelously long, rich stories

For the Record by Regina Jennings's (Bethany House, December) - for her sweet and humorous tales (plus I'm pretty certain that this one will be about my favorite character from the previous two novels in her series!)

Cold Shot, Chesapeake Valor Series #1 Like Never Before Her One and Only
Suspense:

Cold Shot by Dani Pettrey (Bethany House, February); Chesapeake Valor, book 1- Dani Pettrey is my unrivaled favorite author of suspense, and now she has a new series starting!


Contemporary:

I don't read a lot of contemporary romance, but I've found these two authors are well worth reading:

Like Never Before by Melissa Tagg (Bethany House, April); Walker Family, book 2 - Series focused on a single family have become quite the thing, and the Walker family is one reason why. A focus on family dynamics, with all the humor, frustration, joy, and sadness that comes with it, makes Tagg's books so fun and fulfilling.


Her One and Only by Becky Wade (Bethany House, May); Porter Family, book 4 - I'd read a number of contemporary romances before Becky Wade's, and while some were fun and some were thoughtful, none ever really struck my fancy. Until I read Wade's. Both fun and thoughtful, with such utterly human and down-to-earth problems, her books finally opened the genre for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment