Monday, November 7, 2016

"Finding Margo" by Jen Turano - a fun, cross-genre story

Finding Margo (Finding Home #1)After suffering a stressful tour and too full schedule, pop star Margo Hartman is on the run, looking for a break. But when a duck forces her to stop in a small town in Ohio, she gets a lot more than she bargained for--and a lot less rest. Deputy Sheriff Brock Moore is pretty sure "Marge" isn't who she claims she is, especially when her resemblance to a local Amish woman has made her the target of a killer.

Some contemporary romance, a dose of Amish, a dash of mystery and suspense, and a lot of humor all work together to make this a fun cross-genre story. Generally speaking, Amish fiction doesn't thrill me, but with Jen Turano as the author, I knew I would enjoy it.

As in her historical fiction, Turano excels at humor. I loved the duck (though this could be from having a pet duck named Sonja when I was 23--just like Margo!--and how I miss her. Best pet ever.) The characters form a fun cast that I would be happy to revisit again.

Which leads me to . . . This isn't just a standalone book--it's to be part of a series! Turano has done a great job laying down a foundation for the series, with some mystery about the town itself, besides the--well, I can't say for spoilers. But with Jen Turano, wherever the the story leads, it's guaranteed to be entertaining!

Thank you Gilead and NetGalley for providing a free e-book. I was not required to write a positive review, and all opinions are my own.

Finding Home
1. Finding Margo

In memory of my Dearest Duck Sonja:
The Discovery of Sonja (poem)
Ode to Sonja (poem)
Photographs of baby Sonja
Photographs of slightly older Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment