Friday, May 8, 2015

"No Place to Hide" by Lynette Eason

No Place to HideIn the third of Lynette Eason's Hidden Identity series, a complex terrorist conspiracy sets up an innocent man to take the fall, never expecting he'd make it on the run. Jackie Sellers is sure her childhood friend Ian cannot be a terrorist, and when she tries to help him, she ends up with her face splashed across the news too, on the run with her friend. Between the real terrorists, the FBI, and the vigilant public, they're running out of places to hide. Can they figure out the real terrorist plot--and prove their innocence--before disaster in unleashed?

I have to admit, it took two attempts to read this book--the first time I had a number of other things going on, and it turns out any sort of distraction is fatal to following the plot. So I restarted it when I knew I'd have time to focus solely on the story. With the points of view of ten different characters within the first hundred pages, I had a hard time keeping track of who was who, why they were important, and what exactly was going on. But for the latter two thirds of the book, it was easier to follow the plot, especially as more and more connections are made between characters and where they fit into the storyline.

Once I was able to begin connecting the dots, the complex terrorist plot became a lot more exciting and definitely held my attention. There's lots of fast, thrilling action to accompany it, and it reads with the intensity of an action flick rather than the deliberation of a detective show. Actually, I think it would make an even better movie than book: the action would translate well to film, it's not heavy with introspection, and the multiple viewpoints would benefit from visuals to accompany them. Plus, the world needs some christian action movies!

I think reading the entire book a second time would heighten the enjoyment, as everything would be a lot clearer and I'd be better able to pick out how each piece fits into the story as it's happening. It would be less surprising for sure, but one does not have to be surprised to enjoy a good story.

Thank you Revell for providing a free book for review; I was not required to make it positive, and all opinions are my own.

Hidden Identity
1. No One to Trust
2. Nowhere to Turn
3. No Place To Hide

No comments:

Post a Comment